Strategic Clarity – 4 key questions
What system do you use to formulate corporate and departmental strategies and continuously develop them further?
How do you strengthen the strategic competence of your lower management levels?
How do you align the supporting functional strategies and dovetail them consistently with each other and with the corporate and divisional strategy?
How do you enable the organization to translate the strategic requirements into target hierarchies and packages of measures appropriate to the level?
Benefits of Strategy Development
Scalable strategy cascade with company-specific in-depth structure
You have a systematic, transparent and robust strategy development process at all strategy levels in the company.
Divide et Impera – agility through distributed strategy responsibility
Your executives actively perceive their role in the strategy process and the strategy cascade at the appropriate level and apply the defined strategy tools consistently and uniformly.
Coherent functional strategies
The functional areas in the company recognize their contribution to the success of the strategy and can translate the strategic specifications into effective functional strategies.
Procedure and possible solutions
Strategy training concepts for executives
- sharpen your view of the overall strategic context in your organization
- perceive your own role and strategy responsibility in the strategy building
- master the strategy process appropriate to the level and function and can advance it independently in your units
- Apply selected instruments for strategic analysis to your respective area of responsibility
- develop and evaluate strategic options as a basis for subsequent in-depth strategy work with your management team
Development of corporate, divisional and functional strategies
Gain more strategic clarity – increase the strategic space – consistently align the organization to growth
Business models consist of several, mostly 3 strategic dimensions. Each of these dimensions determines the business in its own way and at the same time contributes to the strategic complexity.
With the StratoCube®
- identify the current and future strategic perspectives of your business model
- recognize the active as well as the neglected business segments and areas of focus
- Prioritize business segments and focus areas
- define your growth paths along the strategic dimensions
Concept of Integrated Business Development
Maintain the balance of the triangle
- To view strategy, structure and culture equally
- Carry out manageable development steps swiftly and synchronously
- Anchor entrepreneurial thinking and action to all levels of strategy
- Hand back responsibility for cultural development to line managers
- Align structure design consistently with profit & loss responsibility
- Decentralise strategy controlling and arrange as a subsidiary function
Design and Moderation of an Integrated Strategy Approach
- Definition of the overriding fundamental strategic direction with Vision, Mission, Value Proposition, definition of strategic business segments including priorities, overriding functional guidelines
- Dovetailing of corporate and divisional strategies
- Consistent derivation of parallel functional strategies
Systematic and Sustainable Strategy Implementation
- Target systems: Development and monitoring of target hierarchies and systems
- Indicators: Creation of Balanced Scorecards for the company, divisions and functions
- Innovation: Development of Balanced Innovation Cards (BIC)
- Involvement: Support for line managers, in-house consultants and learning and development departments as part of the process of involving management tiers
Monitoring Strategic Direction
- Project management: Development and leadership of project management offices for steering the Roadmap
- Strategy audit: Implementation of regular strategy audits with checks of requirements, target achievement and monitoring of the environment
- Executive cockpit: Provision of cockpit tools for implementation audit and strategy reviews